Olive oil and Mountains Tour
Become an expert in olive oil with this tour. Spain is the biggest oil producer worldwide and Andalusia is the region known to have the biggest number of olive trees, so if you like olive oil and want to know a bit more about it, you came to the right place. Our tour will start by visiting a centenarian olive plantation, where we will teach you about how to harvest the olives and the traditional tools used in this procedure, a unique experience! Afterwards, we will head to a local olive oil cooperative, where we will learn in depth how our liquid gold is obtained and marketed. Lastly you will enjoy an olive oil tasting to whet everyone’s appetite before lunch. After this visit we will go deeper into Montes de Málaga and we will visit the villages of Alfarnate and Alfarnatejo, located in what is called los Pirineos de la Axarquía (the Pyrinees of the Axarquia). Both are beautiful villages in the middle of the mountains and surrounded by olive trees. This landscape is completely opposite of those we are used to on the coast. We will end up the journey by having lunch in a local restaurant with stunning views to the mountains.
Remember that we only travel in small groups: seats are limited!
+ management fee
- Pick-up/drop off on coast accommodations from Torre del Mar to Nerja (please ask for other pick-up/drop off points) in a Mercedes Vito van.
- Small group of minimum 2 people and a maximum of 8
- Official guide (who also will be your chauffeur) in English, German and/or Spanish.
- Visit to a centenarian olive plantation with harvest demonstration.
- Guided visit to a local olive oil cooperative with tasting of their olive oil.
- Guided visit in Alfarnate and Alfarnatejo.
- Lunch: Lunch: Main course + 1 drink per person (please let us know if you have any special request or allergies).
Avaliable from the 1st of October until the 31th of May
from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm (9 hours)
Book now! Let us know where you are staying and we will inform you about the pick-up time the day before of the tour.
Some pieces of advice…
Here’s some pieces of advice to get the most of your activity:
- Bring comfortable shoes.
- If you get sick easily in cars, we recommend to bring with you some anti-sickness medication to prevent it.
- Bring a water bottle along with you.
- If you come in hot months make sure to use sunscreen. Most of our trips outdoors, so it is very important to protect yourself from the sun.