Olive oil and Mountains Route
Become an expert in olive oil with this tour. Spain is the biggest oil producer worldwide and Andalusia is the region known to have the biggest number of olive trees, so if you like olive oil and want to know a bit more about it, you came to the right place. Our tour will start by visiting a centenarian olive plantation, where we will teach you about how to harvest the olives and the traditional tools used in this procedure, a unique experience! After that we will drive you to an Andalusian cortijo (country house) which has its own oil mill, where you will learn about the process of oil production. This house also has an old stone olive mill from XVIII century and you will learn how olive oil was made in the past. Lastly you will enjoy an olive oil tasting to whet everyone’s appetite before lunch. After this visit we will go deeper into Montes de Málaga and we will have lunch in the oldest inn in Andalusia and enjoy a typical plato de los montes (a typical dish of this area). This place is called el Museo del Bandolero (a bandit museum) and it is a special place with lots of history. After lunch we will visit the villages of Alfarnate and Alfarnatejo, located in what is called los Pirineos de la Axarquía (the Pyrinees of the Axarquia). Both are beautiful villages in the middle of the mountains and surrounded by olive trees. This landscape is completely opposite of those we are used to on the coast.
Remember that we only travel in small groups: seats are limited!
- Pick-up/drop off on coast accommodations from Torre del Mar to Nerja (please ask for other pick-up/drop off points) in a Mercedes Vito van.
- Small group of minimum 2 people and a maximum of 8
- Guide (who also will be your chauffeur) in English, German and/or Spanish.
- Visit to a centenarian olive plantation.
- Guided tour in an Andalusian country house with its own oil mill and olive oil tasting.
- Lunch: Lunch: Main course + 1 drink per person (please let us know if you have any special request or allergies).
- Short visit in Alfarnate and Alfarnatejo.
Tour available on Fridays –for other weekdays please ask
Avaliable from the 1st of October until the 31th of May
from 8.00 am to 5 pm (9 hours)
Book now! Let us know where you are staying and we will inform you about the pick-up time the day before of the tour.
Some pieces of advice…
Here’s some pieces of advice to get the most of your activity:
- Bring comfortable shoes and enthusiasm to walk.
- If you get sick easily in cars, we recommend to bring with you some anti-sickness medication to prevent it.
- Bring a water bottle along with you.
- If you come in hot months make sure to use sunscreen. Most of our trips outdoors, so it is very important to protect yourself from the sun.