Muscatel Raisin Tour
This is a very special tour to learn about our agriculture, traditions and history by visiting a beautiful area with lovely views and landscapes and unspoiled villages. The raisins of muscatel grapes from the Axarquia are characterized by their large size and intense sweetness, a healthy and exquisite food. In this interesting excursion you can discover in person how raisins are produced, which has recently become the first European product World Agricultural Heritage. We offer you the opportunity to get into the deep Axarquia and learn first hand all the secrets of this delicacy. Our first stop will be Moclinejo, the gateway to the Raisin Route, where we will make a guided tour and a stop to enjoy the beautiful views of a typical Axarquia landscape with muscatel vineyards. The next stop will be Almáchar. We will visit its beautiful streets and of course the Raisin Museum, where we will learn more about this product and see old tools that were used to harvest and prepare them, we will also make a stop at the village cooperative, where you can buy raisins and muscatel wine. After the visit to Almáchar we head to El Borge, in the heart of the raisin route. In El Borge we will visit the Centro de Interpretación de la Pasa Moscatel, we will see vineyards in situ and we will learn how raisins are cultivated and you will be able to taste some of them. Finally we will visit the beautiful streets of El Borge, where we will find many elements in reference to this crop, the main economic livelihood of this town. In this beautiful village we will have lunch in one of its most iconic restaurants, there you will understand why!
Remember that we only travel in small groups: seats are limited!
+ management fee
- Pick-up/drop off on coast accommodations from Torre del Mar to Nerja (please ask for other pick-up/drop off points) in a Mercedes Vito van.
- Small group of minimum 2 people and a maximum of 8.
- Official guide (who also will be your chauffeur) in English, German and/or Spanish.
- Guided visit to Moclinejo.
- Visit to the Museo de la Pasa in Almáchar.
- Guided visit to Almáchar.
- Visit to the Raisin Interpretation Center in El Borge.
- Guided visit to El Borge.
- Lunch: 1 menu per person (please let us know if you have any special request or allergies; drink not included).
Avaliable from the 15th of August until the 15th of October
from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm (8 hours)
Book now! Let us know where you are staying and we will inform you about the pick-up time the day before of the tour.
Some pieces of advice…
Here’s some pieces of advice to get the most of your activity:
- Bring comfortable shoes.
- If you get sick easily in cars, we recommend to bring with you some anti-sickness medication to prevent it.
- Bring a water bottle along with you.
- If you come in hot months make sure to use sunscreen. Most of our trips outdoors, so it is very important to protect yourself from the sun.