Muscatel Raisin Tour
Are you into raisins? If so you cannot leave la Axarquia without tasting the best raisins in the world. Raisins from muscatel grapes in la Axarquía are characterised by its great size and its intense sweetness. It is an exquisit, healthy nourish listed as Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System by FAO. We give you the opportunity to go depth into the inland villages of la Axarquia and get to know first hand all the secrets of this delicious nourish. Our first stop will be an Andalusian cortijo (country house) with breath-taking views and a traditional raisin production system, where you will see for yourself how are they made and will meet a local family that does the production of raisins for a living. Next stop will be Almáchar, capital of the muscatel grape and an important stop on our route. We will visit their beautiful streets and of course the Museo de la Pasa (Museum of the Raisin), where we will learn a bit more about this product and will see old tools that were used to pick them. After the visit in Almachar we will drive you to El Borge, in the very heart of the raisin route. We will take a walking tour on their beautiful streets, where we will find a lot of references of this kind of cultivation, main economic sustenance of this village. We will have lunch in one of the most iconic restaurants of this village, once there you will understand why! Lastly we will drive you to Moclinejo, a humble, small village surrounded by mountains that will steal your heart away.
Remember that we only travel in small groups: seats are limited!
- Pick-up/drop off on coast accommodations from Torre del Mar to Nerja (please ask for other pick-up/drop off points) in a Mercedes Vito van.
- Small group of minimum 2 people and a maximum of 8.
- Official guide (who also will be your chauffeur) in English, German and/or Spanish.
- Visit to a traditional Andalusian cortijo with traditional raisin production system.
- Guided tour in Almachar.
- Visit to the Museo de la Pasa.
- Guided visit to Moclinejo.
- Guided visit to El Borge.
- Lunch: 1 menu per person (please let us know if you have any special request or allergies; drink not included).
Tour available on Thursdays
Avaliable from the 15th of August until the 15th of October
from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm (8 hours)
Book now! Let us know where you are staying and we will inform you about the pick-up time the day before of the tour.
Some pieces of advice…
Here’s some pieces of advice to get the most of your activity:
- Bring comfortable shoes.
- If you get sick easily in cars, we recommend to bring with you some anti-sickness medication to prevent it.
- Bring a water bottle along with you.
- If you come in hot months make sure to use sunscreen. Most of our trips outdoors, so it is very important to protect yourself from the sun.