Muscat Wine Tour in La Axarquía
Discover the wine secrets of the Axarquía region with us. This region is known for its sweet wines, made from Muscat grapes. We will pick you up at your accommodation and first go to the old town of Torrox, where there is a small family winery that produces sweet and red wines from its own vineyards. Then we will go to Cómpeta, where we will visit a family winery that produces some very wellknown wines in the area. Even one of them was served at the wedding of the kings Philip VI and Letizia. There we will discover the traditional process they have followed for generations to produce their delicious wines. Then, we will go to another larger winery in Sayalonga, where they will give us a taste of their delicious wines. We will finish the day in Sayalonga, in one of the best restaurants in the province, recognised by the distinctive Sabor a Málaga seal and enjoy a delicious lunch based on local products. This route is ideal for those who wish to go a little deeper into the world of wine in the area and is also adaptable to your desires. You can visit from one to three wineries in the area and also optionally add a guided tour of the old town of Cómpeta and Torrox, traditionally related to the production of Muscatel wine.
Remember that we only travel in small groups: seats are limited!
- Pick-up/drop off on coast accommodations from Torre del Mar to Nerja (please ask for other pick-up/drop off points) in a Mercedes Vito van.
- Small group of minimum 2 people and a maximum of 8.
- Official guide (who also will be your chauffeur) in English, German and/or Spanish.
- Visit to a winery in Torrrox.
- Visit to a family winery in Cómpeta.
- Visit to a larger winery in Sayalonga.
- Lunch: menu + 1 drink per person (please let us know if you have any special request or allergies).
Tour available from Monday to Friday, under petition
from 9 am to 4.30 pm (7,5 hours)
Book now! Let us know where you are staying and we will inform you about the pick-up time the day before of the tour.
Some pieces of advice…
Here’s some pieces of advice to get the most of your activity:
- Bring comfortable shoes.
- If you get sick easily in cars, we recommend to bring with you some anti-sickness medication to prevent it.
- Bring a water bottle along with you.
- If you come in hot months make sure to use sunscreen. Most of our trips are outdoors, so it is very important to protect yourself from the sun.