The Almond Blossom Route
The almond tree is one of trees whose flowers blossom the earliest. Eventhough tree flowers usually blossom in spring, the almond blossom starts at the end of January. However, mild temperatures of La Axarquía cause that this phenomenon occurs even days before, at the very beginning of January. Join us to enjoy a beautiful 2-hours walking among almond trees and discovering its link with the agriculture of the area. We will pick you up at your accommodation and will take you a walk through the tiny village of Daimalos, which belongs to the municipality of Arenas and has only 50 inhabitants, followed by the walking tour among almond trees. A magical and a charming place that seems to have been caught in time. We will end up the activity enjoying a delicious lunch at a local restaurant.
Remember that we only travel in small groups: seats are limited!
This route is temporary. Book now!
- Pick-up/drop off on coast accommodations from Torre del Mar to Nerja (please ask for other pick-up/drop off points) in a Mercedes Vito van.
- Small group of minimum 2 people and a maximum of 8.
- Guide (who also will be your chauffeur) in English, German and/or Spanish.
- 2-hours walk through a field filled with blossomed almond trees.
- Visit to a tiny village called Daimalos.
- Lunch: menu (please let us know if you have any special request or allergies).
Tour avaliabe on Saturdays
(from January, 12th until February, 16th)
from 9 am to 3 pm (6 hours)
Book now! Let us know where you are staying and we will inform you about the pick-up time the day before of the tour.
Some pieces of advice…
Here’s some pieces of advice to get the most of your activity:
- Bring sport clothes and enthusiasm to walk.
- If you get sick easily in cars, we recommend to bring with you some anti-sickness medication to prevent it.
- Bring a water bottle along with you.