Semana Santa Tour
The Easter Week (Semana Santa) is a period of the year with a lot of meaning for Spanish culture, specially in our Andalusia region. La Axarquía is not an exception. Every village has its own traditions, processions and above all, a great deal of emotion, but the Easter Week in Vélez-Málaga is another level. Here, tradition, heritage, culture and religion are all combined in a celebration where day and night the streets are filled with masses of flowers, the beat of the drums, and of course the art of religious sculpture. If you have ever wondered why this week is so special for our region, we invite you to discover it with us. We will pick you up and take you firstly to the coziest cafeteria in Vélez-Málaga, where we will taste the flavours of the Semana Santa in Vélez-Málaga. Every region has its typical desserts and recipes, and Vélez-Málaga is very proud of theirs, you will discover why! Afterwards, we will move to the crowded city centre, where we will admire the processions and follow them along the way. You will have the chance to admire first hand each symbol, each feeling and admire the passion of the locals for its Great Week. We will stop on each highlight point, where you will have the chance to admire the beautiful sculptures of each procession. You will feel the emotion of the axarquicans on these amazing days. After a night surrounded by this great atmosphere, we will take you back home with a feeling of being more connected to this gorgeous region. A great chance to immerse yourself in the local life, isn’t it?
Remember that we only travel in small groups: seats are limited! This year we will split the group in two days: Thursday for English speakers and Friday for German speakers, so choose your day carefully!
- Pick-up/drop off on coast accommodations from Torre del Mar to Nerja (please ask for other pick-up/drop off points) in a Mercedes Vito van.
- Small group of minimum 2 people and a maximum of 8.
- Official guide (who also will be your chauffeur) in English, German and/or Spanish.
- Tasting of the flavours of Semana Santa in Vélez-Málaga and one drink included.
- Guided walk in Vélez-Málaga to admire the processions.
from 7.00 pm to 1.00 am (6 hours)
Book now! Let us know where you are staying and we will inform you about the pick-up time the day before of the tour.
Some pieces of advice…
Here’s some pieces of advice to get the most of your activity:
- Bring comfortable shoes.
- If you get sick easily in cars, we recommend to bring with you some anti-sickness medication to prevent it.
- Bring a water bottle along with you.