Tropiroute: Avocados and Mangoes
Such an unforgettable day, where not only you will get amazed by the taste of these delicious fruits but also will visit the capital of la Axarquía, all its monuments and its interesting and millennial history. We will pick you up and will take you to a huge avocados and mangoes plantation with a lovely Mediterranean see view. You will be amazed by this exotic landscape. After the visit we will drive you to Vélez-Málaga, capital of la Axarquía and the tropical fruits. There we will visit the most important spots of this historic city. To put the cap on this complete morning we will drive you an agricultural cooperative, where you will discover why la Axarquía is leader in production and commercialisation of tropical fruits in Europe. You will learn about how many pieces of fruit they commercialise, all the process of packaging and the countries where they export our fruits. No doubt we will also have a wonderful tropical fruit tasting after the visit! Lastly and to top up our energy levels we will go to a restaurant to taste a delicious menu on which some of these tropical fruits will be included. You will be amazed by this explosion of flavours. After a busy day visiting monuments, learning about the history of Vélez-Málaga and specially about tropical fruits we will take you back to your lodging with a sweet taste in your mouth.
Remember that we only travel in small groups: seats are limited!
- Pick-up/drop off on coast accommodations from Torre del Mar to Nerja (please ask for other pick-up/drop off points) in a Mercedes Vito van.
- Small group of minimum 2 people and a maximum of 8.
- Guide (who also will be your chauffeur) in English, German and/or Spanish.
- Visit to an avocados and mangoes plantation.
- Visit to Vélez-Málaga.
- Visit to a tropical fruits cooperative and tasting.
- Lunch: menu + 1 drink per person (please let us know if you have any special request or allergies).
Tour available on Tuesdays – other days under petition: ask us!
Tour duration: from 9 am to 4.00 pm (7 hours)
Available from the 1st of September until the 28th of February
Book now! Let us know where you are staying and we will inform you about the pick-up time the day before the tour.
Some pieces of advice…
Here’s some pieces of advice to get the most of your activity:
- Bring comfortable shoes and enthusiasm to walk.
- If you get sick easily in cars, we recommend to bring with you some anti-sickness medication to prevent it.
- Bring a water bottle along with you.
- If you come in hot months make sure to use sunscreen. Most of our trips outdoors, so it is very important to protect yourself from the sun.